Saturday, January 13, 2007

Beyond Fences


That flower hanging beyond the fence

So lovely, so perfect
Just what I need
To enhance my dress
For today's prom.
But I can't reach it
Somehow it's too far away
Over the garden fence
For my hand to get it
And there's dad waiting in the car
For me to come
There's not enough time
So I've got to go without
The flower I so badly want.

It often happens so in life
There are so many things
You want to get
You think you deserve them
Think you really need them
Things you strive for
Would even die for...
But the time to go always comes
You aren't ever able to have
What you thought would
Enhance your life
You are never able to reach out
And grasp what is tempting you
Because there is no time left
And because these things are
Beyond fences.

4 comments:

Sandhya Ramachandran said...

lovely poem!!! :) very true...

Unknown said...

You wrote this Sanyukta??
Its just toooooooooo good & true too. Loved it all the way!

Great going.. Keep writing...

Take care,
Aarti

Arti Honrao said...

Awesome! Original? too good gurl!



GBU
Ur di

Sherry said...

yes, original of course.
thanks everyone for d appreciation.
:)