Tuesday, April 01, 2008

Nailpaint, OJ, and Hiatus




Notice the contrast between the black and the orange. Cool, yeah? :D

(BestFriend said blood would have been better instead of juice, and I threw a marble vase at him. Hypothetically, of course. :P
Like I happened to enlighten somebody who asked about him, he’s actually a very nice guy who sometimes says wise stuff after…like…getting hit on the head with a football during a game, or something like that. But that is less often and so he’s usually at the receiving end of all my hypothetical violence. :D )
(Oh and by the way, the pictures are mine.)

Anyways,
I had a full-blown nostalgia trip a few days back. Went to school for some work and it was like- Whoa. They’re going on just the same even with all of us not in it anymore. But that was a fleeting weird thought. So I came back home and decided to bring some order to the chaos in the universe. Now I’m the kind of person who can’t stand clutter AT ALL. Even if the clutter consists of precious objects. And sorting / organizing stuff is almost therapeutic, next only to shopping (which translates to bringing in more stuff to be organized. : | Uh. Ain’t life so paradoxical? ).

So I sorted re-sorted and organized re-organized all my skool stuff- questionpapers, tests, random notes passes in class, scribblings and idle doodles, poetry drafts, keepsakes from trips with friends and a whole lot of other unclassified stuff accumulated from the past three years or so- into neat paper-clipped sheaves, then envelopes and dustproof seal-able folders and stowed it all away out of sight in the hinterlands of the closet.

Yeah, I’m emotional like that. But it felt better. Like, now my future biographers would have no difficulty at all in reconstructing in total detail the story of my life even if I happen to grow into an 85 year old amnesiac eccentric old woman. :( That’s a morbid thought I know.

Oh. What in sweet hell is the point of this post? It is this. I’m going on a break from blogging till some of the entrance examinations I gotta give get over. And that’s gonna take two months at least. Might be blogging intermittently and replying to comments.
Funny part is, people go on hiatuses between blogging. And I, apparently, blog between hiatuses. : / Yeah whatever.

However, I’ll be Twitter-ing and updating upon the general state of the world around me and so I put its widget right here on the sidebar *points* . So keep checking back. Or follow me on twitter. (You could comment on the twitters in this post's comment page, if you would like to.)

There’s no point probably even in informing about this since nobody is like dying to read what I write anyways. But if somebody actually is, *pauses to blow delicately at her fingernails* I have some other alternatives for ‘em:

  • Go check out Tumblr and Plurk. Pretty cool, both of them. Miniblogging services, with Tumbler being the more advanced cousin. Plurk is almost like twitter but has a really delightful interface and an actual timeline that’s totally worth checking out. Tell me if you join so I could add you to my network. (As of now, Plurk appears to be open only to invites. This was not so the time I joined that. So if you can't wait to join that, drop me a line and I'll send you an invite.)
  • De-clutter your own life.
  • Write eulogies and sorrowful poetry dedicated to remembrances of me :P (Okay, that was a farji random suggestion. )
  • Add goodness to somebody’s life. In any way.
  • Spend more time OUT THERE than in virtual reality.
  • Make a to-do list and complete it.
  • Then repeat the above process until you finish all your pending/overdue work. :D

(Do any of all this above, then blog about it and let me know. I’ll give you a special handwritten certificate of commendation. :D Except for point#1 of course. :P)

By the time you do this, I’ll already be back, promise. :) Hopeully with the extra pounds lost and a place in a med college. Wish me luck.

Till then, keep on rocking.

Love and peace, universe!
:)

PS: How's the new header pic I created? Was the previous one better?


post signature

22 comments:

The Keeper of the Keys said...

like a said in your shoutbox, i really liked the new header.

and i like how in the second pic u've drunk half the oj.

wicked nailpolish. although i never go beyond pinks and purples and greens.

i've saved all the tags for my hiatus. it sometimes becomes a bore, to have to blog.

besta luck for entrances.

Sherry said...

Thanks :) Yeah the nailpaint is kinda wicked. the pic is of a few days back and now i possess longer nails with the wicked color. *insert evil expression*

You should try this beyond the regular pinks and purples :)

Thanks, and I'm serious about the certificate of commendation. So let me know if you do any of that :D

Anonymous said...

I thought only I was so obsessed by my nails! Holi destroyed my nails yaar, I had to cut them short. Anyway, that pic in the previous post where you were trying to handle your dupatta, your one single nail was looking very pretty. I am serious. :)

And all the best for the entrance exams. Rock 'em!
*hugs*

Anonymous said...

*decides to say something about the picture but suddenly remembers the hypothetical rolled newspaper and stops* :P

Okay, agar contrast ki baat kar rahe hain toh you should have worn orange nailpolish and there should have been Coke in that glass. Sorry, it's just my coke obsession. :P

Btw, I like black nail polish. People who wear black nail polish are cool. Billie Joe wears it too!

I went to school again after the last day but somehow I still don't exactly feel for that place. I wonder why. I think if I'd changed schools in tenth, I would have really missed this school. But 11th and 12th mein jo hua uske baad abhi kuch zyada feelings bache nahi hain.

Don't go on a hiatus, pleaaaase! Aaaa. Okay, dohra over. Go on a hiatus, but keep in touch..via Twitter or however. I have a Twitter account too, but never really used it. Lemme try remembering the username and password, should be fun! :P

I like the new header! But I somehow liked the old font better. Just somehow. It was more delicate.

Sherry said...

@Kash

Oooh yess...I'm kind of obsessed about nails too . :) I decided to grow mine long after holi :P
Thanks for your lovely compliment and wishes. :))
*hugs back*

#Ish:

Come on, say that. :D The newspaper roll is on a hiatus too :P
Yeah, the inverted contrast doesn't sound that bad... :D And black nailpaint is cool, and not just becoz Billie Joe wears it :P

Yes I'll keep in touch. Twitter is good but it charges me a Rs 1.50 for an sms update...but it's better than not being able to blog at all...and you can always use IM or web for updating. Check out plurk too.

You are right about the old font. It matched with the sidebar titles too. Guess I'll change it. Watch out.

Happy crash-course-ing. And I'm not jale-pe-namak-chhidkaaofying. At least that's not my intention.
How was the IP paper? Hope it went well.

Anonymous said...

An artist only knows what an art is ,, :P

Anonymous said...

Naa, I wasn't gonna say anything. Woh toh just hypothetical rolled newspaper waali line beech mein fit karni thi toh baaki details create kar di. :P

Oh yes sir, black nail paint is cool. And not because Billie Joe wears it..it's cause you do. Billie Joe ki kya aukaad hai her highness ke saamne.

Btw I never thought anyone in my city would dare to wear black nailpaint but I saw one today..and woh bhi crash course pe. I was like..okay..is she at the right place? Uska toh aur bhi funky tha..matlab one nail white painted and baaki ke saare black. The only bad thing was that she was taller than me..more than a foot taller at that. :P

1.50 for an update is pretty expensive. Itna toh mera current balance bhi nahi hai. :P But yea, better than not blogging at all. And waise bhi, breaks wagehra toh legi hi, so you can always comment and talk to people during that.

I like the header now, perfect.

Crash coursing was fine. Aaj gaya tha first day. Abhi dad says ke agar tereko engineering karna hi nahi hai toh BCA ya BBA karle. So now I'm thinking ke kya karna hai, let's see kaise kaam chalta hai. Abhi AIEEE to dena hi hai in any case.

IP paper was fine, easy toh nahi tha par ho hi gaya. Bas ab joh likhke aaya hoon woh sahi ho.

Sherry said...

@Lincoln

:) Maybe you are kind of right. But they say you don't have to be a star singer to understand and appreciate music.

@Ish:

Okhay, Her Highness thanks you and you receive The Order of The Best Details-Inventor on This Darned Planet.

:D

Yeah I'll keep twittering (sounds funny I know :D) You have a tumbelog, don't you?
Thanks abt the header :)

BCA/BBA is good too. But ultimately it's you who gotta decide. So weigh the pros and cons and everything. karna toh padega hi.
Have a great week ahead, anyways, :)

Anonymous said...

@ish/sanyu..

Hey Guys do what ever ur hrt/mind says dont go by ur parents/realtives/friends wish ,, its very imp to live in a way what u like... later on dnt repent on things ...

Anonymous said...

Hahahaha.. good one! :)

Anonymous said...

Ah, thank you, thank you her highness. I will carry that until I die, and when I do, I'll tell them to jalaofy it with me. :P

Twittering sounds very chidiya like to me. Yes, I do have a tumblelog but kabhi update nahi kiya and it doesn't have any post on it. I thought ki kabhi toh use karunga but never really got around to doing it.

Ab decide to kar liya hai finally ki engg hi karna hai. So bas exams dena hai and baaki dekha jayega jaise bhi hoga. Dimaag kharaab karke idhar udhar bhatakne se to better hi hai. You have a great week ahead too, her highness.

Sanjukta said...

Namesake indeed, but that's where the similarity ends I guess, I am utterly unorganized, unstructured, Un-every-order is my religion...I was born to disrupt the world around me :D

But hey we both are rocking bloggers :) following you on twitter KIT

prodigy?? said...

hey, nice pic. Well, yes i do agree blood would have been better, death metal ...yeaahhhhhh \m/. ;). Hmmm, so you sorted out your stuff, it's a very bad thing to do, because my dear you have just disturbed the balance of the universe ;) (for the universe to remain balanced, untidiness and messiness is mandatory :))

As far as the to-do list is concerned, best one is to add goodness to someone's life, that's what one person is for. Good luck for your papers. Till then Shubba-kher

prodigy?? said...

Nice header btw and if the invitation is still open please send one at keshavbhatt01@gmail.com

Sherry said...

@Lincoln:

Hmm..I guess u r kinda right...

@Nova

Thanks :)

@Ish:

Jalaaofy? Was that there in the post where you were talking about the funeral you wanted to have? :P

Cool. So you decided upon engineering. Okay, wish you all the best. :)

@Sanjukta

Great to see you here! Yeah it's okay that some ppl are 'born to disrupt'. Otherwise we organization-and-order freaks would have been jobless. :D How many times can you organize something that's already organized? Not many. Some disrupters will always be needed to keep the organizers out of boredom. :P

Keep visiting. :)

@ Prodigy:

Thanks :) But I disagree with you. Untidiness and messiness is not mandatory. I re-wrote the rules of the universe just now :P

Yeah, adding goodness to someone's life in a real way gotta be good. :) Did you?

Anonymous said...

No, I don't think it was. I don't wanna be jalaaofied though..it doesn't seem correct. Buried would be a better option. Actually both of them are bad because when you get jalaaofied, you get burnt and when you get buried, you get decomposed. That's not a very happy ending is it? But at least burying doesn't cause pollution. So I'd prefer that. Jaate jaate I'd like to do my bit for the environment, you know.

I've decided upon engineering, yeah. And thanks. Good luck to you too, whatever you're planning to do.

Btw, you stole that txt-spk waala banner from me na?

*dances around happily and shouts "chor Sanyukta chor Sanyukta". Then realizes how silly that might be looking..hangs his head in shame and walks away*

I should have really come under that chick's car you know..I'm pathetic. :/

prodigy?? said...

No, i didn't exactly do something good for someone, well maybe you could say one good deed done recently was forcing my friend to stand for college elections, which he desired and btw i'm going to join a NGO, does that count??? (to be truthful,it's mainly for the certificate ;P)

Unknown said...

!! ...my blog is back on!...
with a bang..
drop by to see "uff!"

delhidreams said...

hmmm,
for a twenty eight year old advertising man, it is almost therapeutic to come across and read a young girl's twitterings :)
m adding u on delhidreams sherry, hope u'll visit more often
tc

Hazel Dream said...

little poetry and lot of teenage interesting

Anonymous said...

How went thy boards? Come back now, seriously. :/

Sherry said...

#All

Thanks everyone :)
My Boards were kinda fine...other exams going on. Hmm..guess I should be coming back soon.