Thursday, January 26, 2006

The Eight-things tag

So...here was me peacefully browsing the net in search of some study material...and suddenly me finds a message from Arti di...telling me she's tagged me. Hmm….so okay, here is the post. According to the instructions, me has to write eight points about my "perfect lover"...(yeah I know that sounds vague, or as one of the persons tagged said 'creepy'...somebody tell that to the person who started the tag.)

The rules of the game are:

  1. The tagged victim has to come up with 8 different points of their perfect lover.
  2. Need to mention the sex of the target.
  3. Tag 8 victims to join this game & leave a comment on their comments saying they’ve been tagged.
  4. If tagged the 2nd time, there’s no need to post again.


Okay, so here's my list (not in any order of priority) of the qualities of that Prince Charming (cliché phrase. I know!) . That he should be caring and loyal and friendly goes without saying. (oops, but I just said it!)

  • He should be well mannered. Hmm, I would like him to open doors for me and all that, but please not to overdo it. I can conduct myself very well, thank you.
  • I don't exactly like people (read 'guys') who swear all the time or use slang too much. So yeah, he should be sophisticated and suave. (Aside: I hope that's not too much to ask.)
  • He should be intelligent. Intelligent in the sense of being worldly-wise. And he should be able to challenge me on an intellectual level (Nope, its not that difficult...)
  • He should be more of an extrovert than me, but not so much as to eclipse my own personality, mind.
  • He'd better not compare me to anybody else. Unflattering comparison, I mean. I never take this from anybody.
  • Just feeling won't do, he should be able to express what he feels for me. And if he doesn't like something about me, I'd prefer he tells it to me, but should just do that in a way that I don't feel insulted.
  • He should understand that people (read 'girls') can't be pacified with material things. I mean, it's not like you give her some expensive gift and she'll be fine. Gifts and things can't be a substitute for emotional support and for 'being there for you' (another cliché phrase, but never mind.).
    (Note: The above point does not mean he should not even give me little somethings on certain occasions) ;))
  • He should not be secretive or of a highly complex, enigmatic nature. (If you've read 'Gone with the Wind' and remember the character of Rhett Butler, you know what I'm talking about. If you haven't read, umm...go read it.)
    I would like him to be frank and sincere, even in flattery slash admiration. Like if he were to give me a compliment, he would be preferred saying, "You look beautiful" (or insert any other adjective) than saying "You look more beautiful (or insert comparative degree of that earlier adjective) than Angelina Jolie
    (or insert name of person on whom the adjective applies in superlative degree).
    Meaning to say I can almost always see through dishonesty.


So was that eight points? Yay, I finished it. Oh yes oh yes…now those whom I’m tagging:

Abhi (haha...you’re the first victim. :D)
Alex (when you gave me the address of your blog yesterday, you didn’t know you were in for this. *sly grin*)
Abhinav (maybe this won’t be too difficult for you)
Nessa
Aashita
Sunshine(nope, you’re not allowed to write in dark-poetic-style.)
Anna
Divya
If any or all of the above mentioned citizens of Blogsville find this stupid to do, blame it on the person who started the tag. Just don’t tell that person I told you to blame him/her.


All da best!

11 comments:

Arti Honrao said...

That was a wonderful and sensible list!
I hope u find ur man at the "right" time :D
Hows u n wat abt exams??

GBU
Ur di

Emotions said...

Hi Sanyukta,
reached ur blog through Arti's !! hv gone through them.....u r creating magic....n ur eight things tag....really superb n well-thought-out....

all d bst !!
keep writing n keep smiling :-)

Anonymous said...

Congratulations this post....your blog is show...the text goog perfect...bye..bye...my blog is the Brazil....

Sherry said...

@akansha

:D thanks di.
only the last exam is left! yippee!

@emotions
aw thanks such a lot for reading. come again soon.

@phillip
thanks to you too. but uh-oh, ur blog's in spanish...:(

Abhi said...

Sanyukta , I hope you are not really willing to wait for such a guy , coz it may take a few thousand years .:p
Just kidding , I hope you find him soon , much much earlier than a few thousand years from now.

And you know what , it's so nice and innocent of you to address people as didi or bhaiyya.real sweet.:)

~Abhinav bhaiyya ( hitler ki foto matt dekh , hitler ki aatma main aur logo ke liye hun )

Sherry said...

@hitler's soul

:D thankoo.
par ek baat toh bataiye, yeh hitler ki photo apne profile mein lagane ka divine inspiration kahaan se milaa?

Abhi said...

oh yaar inna sohna munda hai apna hitler , thobda dekh iska dhyan se , kinna masooom lagda hain , and muchhhi , hai ma , iski mucchi ko gajab hain.isko profile mein na lagaata to kya gandhi ji ki lagata.:p

Sherry said...

@abhinav bhaiyya

*shakes head*
maaf keejiye! aapse behes karna bekar hai.
:)

FifthBeatle said...

ok sanyukta, i know just the person for you... the only trouble is HE DOESN'T EXIST!!

Anonymous said...

Hi…I’m Roy, just start the journey in the blog-world. New..... so learning the tricks by peeping in others blog without any prior permission (sorry for that!!).

Heii, why not take a look to my blog: (http://comeonroy.blogspot.com/) & tell me where I need to improve. Most important, maybe you can also get something new & interesting stuff…..maybe!!
Hoping to hear you..
Roy

abhishek said...

Hi Sanyukta

Comes here via bloggers of rajsthan...
Cool blog .. good work... Go ahead with your thought ...

Abhishek