Thursday, January 05, 2006

Nostalgia

Nostalgia in the beginning of the year...baat kuchh jamti nahin... par kya karein...the Class Tenth session just ended officially today. The New Year has begun..but you know, for us students the school year holds much importance. I still remember the times when as small kids we used to take resolutions not on the New Year but at the beginning of the new school session in July.....a bit late , but it's the thought that counts, doesn't it?

So we were talking about this session. It feels like right now only it had begun, and ended so soon..I mean, how could it? Many of the friends would go to some other places, and in any case we all would not be in the same classroom--no more seeing those faces, no more giggling through classes. No more the class X A famous for its 'unity' (as they call it)--we who even stopped the bus taking us for the outing to get down from it and into the other bus where the remaining friends were!....'Tenth A' will not be there, though we all shall remain.

I'm really turning nostalgic. And did you ever listen to this song called "Hello" by Evanescence? The music makes you so full of poignancy, or perhaps it is just the way I feel...
The song goes:

"Playground school bell rings again,
Rain clouds come to play again..."

(Thanks, Abhimanyu, if you are reading this, for making me listen to this beautiful song...)

Perhaps when sometime later I listen to it, I will remember our own good ole days . Still living in our memories. I'm already beginning to miss it all.

The session at a glance:
Made friends with some cool new people.
Liked teachers, disliked teachers, studied, aced, bunked and what not...
Orgainsed some fantastic programmes together.
Won and lost, cared and shared,
Got closer to some friends,
Read lots of novels during classes, after all, what is the drawer in the desk for? :D
Solved some jhamele s, and even created some...:D

To sum it up in two words---"We enjoyed!". Like never before. I'll definitely hate not having some of these people in my class the next session. I just don't like sudden changes, if they do not offer a satisfying prospect..I mean, for once it is difficult to adjust when suddenly the people you are accustomed to be around, almost half of the day since the last few years, are not around there any more..isn't it?

Time flies. Now I guess I'm beginning to realize that it seems to have 'flied' when you measure it by the happy moments and seems to have 'crawled' if you measure it by the sadder ones.....
I want these friendships to last all life, which they probably won't, and I wish we all will never forget each other, always keeping alive our spirit of these gone days.

Goodbye, dear old days of class tenth, but trust me, you will live as long as we all are here.

Today being the last day, I wanted it to be especially good, which it wasn't. Somebody behaved in a way that I didn't like and it spoiled my mood :(
But in the last period we went out and decided to take a group photo of the whole class....hmmm....don't we all look like the cheerful, spirited young people that we are?

Class Tenth of 2005-06, St. Anselms Sr. Sec. School, Alwar.

(We 49 students , and near the centre is our classteacher Mrs.Roy)
Posted by Picasa

Read poem dedicated to this school year.

4 comments:

Arti Honrao said...

Hi Sanyu...

Your post made me turn nostalgic remembering all the stupid things I used to do when in school. Sometimes I just wish life had that rewind button to it so that we could re-live those days ... *sigh*

Keep writing gurl
Ur Di

Sherry said...

yes di...but too bad life doesn't have a rewind button, or, for that matter, even a backspace one, so we could undo past mistakes, if not re-live it all.

Anonymous said...

hey i just wanted to say that ur post reminded of my school days, i have lost touch with many ppl from my school n i recently got to know that there is a reunion in our school on 15th jan.. i am a li'l bit excited :)

Sherry said...

that's great! enjoy re-uniting with old friends!! hope u have a graet time...