Wednesday, December 20, 2006

Practical Application

Sheesh, studying science kinda kills your creativity. And tomorrow is my physics exam. And our tuitions teacher has come up with a grand new scheme-- he's made all of us tell him the marks we expect to get in this exam. And if anybody gets marks below the targeted, I dare not think of the consequences.

And yours truly, like the whimsical girl that she is, told him 62 out of 70. This is the sad part.

But I just couldn't help sharing this question I found in the Kinematics part of the textbook. Read it--


"A drunkard comes out of a pub and starts walking in a narrow lane just outside it. He takes 5 steps forward and 3 steps backward, then again 5 steps forward and three steps backward, and so on. Each step is 1 metre long and requires 1 second..."

And the last line just cracked me up--

"....Determine how long it takes him to fall in a ditch 13 metre away from the pub."

Practical applications of physics, eh?

2 comments:

Arti Honrao said...

Bechaari Sanyu!!

Bass itna hi ...
Now don't expect me to give u the ans :p

Arre dear ...
I know youll definitely get more than 62 >:D<


GBU
Your Di

Sherry said...

:D